Post by: Colleen Parr Dekker
- Full year 2021 revenue was $4,765 million, an increase of 46 percent, including $1,311 million of incremental revenue from Bayer Animal Health products in 2021. Full year 2021 earnings per share (EPS) was $(0.97) (reported), or $1.05 (adjusted).
- Fourth quarter 2021 revenue was $1,113 million, a decline of 2 percent. Excluding the unfavorable impact of $60 million of previously disclosed items that benefited the fourth quarter of 2020 and the unfavorable impact of foreign exchange rates, fourth quarter 2021 revenue increased 4 percent. Fourth quarter 2021 EPS was $(0.20) (reported), or $0.21 (adjusted), an increase of 70 percent as reported and 75 percent on an adjusted basis.
- Providing financial guidance for the full year 2022 with revenue of $4,745 to $4,800 million, representing growth on a reported basis at the midpoint and 2 to 3 percent growth on a constant currency basis, and diluted EPS of $0.01 to $0.07 on a reported basis, or $1.18 to $1.24 on an adjusted basis.
- Significant innovation progress in 2022: Innovation revenue expected to contribute $120 to $160 million; expect 7 approvals and launches and 5 to 7 regulatory submissions in major markets, including up to two differentiated pet health potential blockbusters.
- Providing financial guidance for the first quarter 2022 with revenue of $1,200 to $1,230 million, and diluted EPS of $0.01 to $0.07 on a reported basis, or $0.33 to $0.38 on an adjusted basis.
GREENFIELD, IN (February 24, 2022) - Elanco Animal Health Incorporated (NYSE: ELAN) today reported its financial results for the fourth quarter and full year 2021, and provided initial guidance both for the first quarter and full year 2022.
To view full Press Release, click here.
Colleen Parr Dekker